What is Average?

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average family size is currently 3.14 people. There is nothing average about that. How do you have a .14th of a person? My husband and I once had an averaged sized family, one son and one daughter. That was when I was writing the story . . .
Then I gave God the pen.

Our Yearly Tradition: Leavenworth After Christmas

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Prayer


It's been several months since I've had any time to write words of wisdom to you. We both have been quite consumed with opening up another coffee shop in Bellevue, and the urgent has crowded out the important. Instead of offering any wisdom in this post, let me just say a prayer.

Lord, I thank You for Your direction in our lives. You continue to be faithful to us, even when we fall short of being faithful to You. My prayer is that the enemy will not use our "busyiness" to allow the urgent things to push out what is really important. Instead, birth in us an urgency to seek You, to trust You, to honor You. Instead of asking You to bless us, Lord, I am asking that we would bless You in everything we do. In Jesus' name I pray - Amen.

I love you, Son. It is such a pleasure to be your mother and to work alongside you.

1 comment:

MKD said...

Janie!
I see you haven't written in your blog in awhile, but I wanted to email you more privately from your comment to me on my blog.
Thank you SO much for your kind words and I'm so sorry I didnt' respond sooner.
I love love love that recycling was embedded in your heart long ago before it was even considered the main stream way of doing things.
I wish i could do more, but having my blog my little blog that could be put in the paper was such a blessing.
I hear you on the duplicate mailings from Dillanos. It was first on our list as our Green Team is still working on finding ways to cut back on waste like that. Its silly really and there has to be another option for those papers to STOP printing. Most people don't want them anyway when they invoices and packslips to back it up anyway! UGH!

Anyway, thank you again and we'll be in touch!!

BLESSINGS